Located on the Arromanches clifftops, the Arromanches 360 Circular cinema dominates the remnants of one of the two artificial Mulberry harbours set up by the Allies. On 8th June 1944, two days after the liberation of Arromanches, the first Phoenix blockships were sunk. They formed a dike that sheltered the ships from the swell when they unloaded their cargoes. Some "whale" floating roadways and some platforms following the movements of the tide completed the deployment. On 14th June, some ships started to unload their cargo. In 100 days, "Port Winston" permitted to land 400 000 soldiers, 4 million tons of equipment and 500 000 vehicles. It remained active until 1st December 1944. A few dozen "Phoenix" blockships are still visible today and continue to keep the waters of Arromanches smooth.
Come and discover the Arromanches 360 film co-financed by the Région Basse-Normandie and the Mémorial de Caen. Produced by the authors of the hugely successful French television series Apocalypse, this film will be projected in High Definition on 9 screens and tell the story of the terrible Battle of Normandy thanks to archive images gathered from around the world.This film is a tribute to soldiers from all countries and to the 20,000 civilians who were killed during this battle for the liberation of Europe, battle which gave rise to so much hope.
After watching the film, you can admire the panoramic view and get some information while browsing the Arromanches 360 shop. It features around 3000 items. Some books, videotapes, models, gadgets, souvenirs, etc...
TO GET THERE
Chemin du Calvaire
14117 Arromanches les Bains
260 km away from Paris (A13)
160 km away from Rouen (A13)
30 km away from Caen (D22 - D65)
10 km away from Bayeux (D516)
30 km away from Ouistreham (D514)
A 2 and a half hour journey from Paris (St-Lazare). Arrival in Caen or Bayeux.
Arrival in Caen-Carpiquet, 30 km away from Arromanches.
By car ferry
From Portsmouth or Poole to Cherbourg with Brittany Ferries ou P&O / From Portsmouth to Ouistreham with Brittany Ferries
A big car park of 500 parking spaces (€3) is at your disposal near the orientation table. 6 free parking spaces are reserved for the coaches
The parking is located 150 meters away from the circular cinema.
• From 01/10/15 to 11/11/15: 10.10 am to 5.40 pm
• From 12/11/15 to 31/11/15: 10.10 am to 5.10 pm
(closed on Mondays, except Mondays Dec. 21st and 28th)
Closed on 25/12/15 and from 01/01/16 to 25/01/16
• From 26/01/16 to 31/03/16: 10.10 am to 5.10 pm
(closed on 01/02/2016)
• From 01/04/16 to 30/04/16: 10.10 am to 5.40 pm
• From 01/05/16 to 31/08/16: 9.40 am to 6.10 pm
A show at 10 past and 40 past each hour.
INFORMATION AND BOOKINGS
Tel : +33(0)2 31 06 06 45
Fax : +33(0)2 31 06 01 66
Full rate: 5 € VAT included/ pers. from 02/01/14 to 31/12/15
Twin ticket (Mémorial de Caen museum and Arromanches 360 circular cinema): 20,50 € VAT included from 02/01/14 to 31/12/15
Not applicable to groups, cannot be used in conjunction with other offers.
3 sites of the Battle of Normandy ticket 22,50 € VAT included until 20/09/15
Triple offer (Mémorial de Caen museum, Arromanches 360 circular cinema and Cité de la Mer): 29 € VAT included until 31/12/15
Not applicable to groups, cannot be used in conjunction with other offers. Within two months after your first visit.
Reduced rate: 4,50 € VAT included / pers. from 02/01/14 to 31/12/15 (ID and written proof required)
• Children aged 10 up to 18
• All students
• Over 60s
• Teachers (private sector)
• Teachers (public sector)
• People accompanying disabled or
Free for (ID and written proof required)
• Children under 10
(accompanied by an adult)
• Wards of State
• All war veterans
• Teachers preparing a visit
• People working in tourism
• Unemployed people
• Deportees, members of the Resistance, maquis, draft evaders
• Disabled ex-servicemen and war widows
• Local tourguide and interpreters for the Caisse Nationale des Monuments Historiques (National Office for Historical Monuments)
• Museum curators (or directors or press contact)
• Staff of museums in Normandy Historical Area, members of ICOM (International Council of Museums)
• Coach drivers accompanying a group
• Members of the American, Canadian and British support committees and their spouse
• Disabled people
Adult groups (more than 20 people)
• Rate / pers.: 4 € VAT included from 02/01/2014 to 31/12/2015*
• Freedom tour (Guided tour of the Mémorial de Caen museum + Lunch at the Mémorial de Caen museum + Arromanches 360): 46,50 € VAT included / pers. from 27/01/2015 To 31/12/2015*.
• Talk about the artificial harbour from the terrace of the circular cinema: 2.50 € VAT included /pers.
*1 free admission for every 20 paying visitors